Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sewing for Summer

It's always fun to peruse the pattern collection after it has been left for a bit. Last time I went through them I ran across Simplicity pattern #2922

I traced the pattern onto pattern paper and cut into some not so lovely fabric for a test run.
Here is the finished top. Please excuse the wrinkles, I've been wearing the top today!





I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. While the fabric has lovely texture and embroidery, the color of it is quite drab. I pondered dyeing the shirt a happy yellow, but think I'll just wear it as is since I really don't have much experience dyeing fabric. Perhaps an opportunity to try?

For the next shirt, I will take out the back center seam, and take in the sides a smidge for a little more fit. It's nice to have discovered a good go to pattern for this summer. The pattern also has a dress option which would be so cute. Off to sew :)


1 comment:

  1. I love it, and would love to have one! I'd happily buy the material and pay you for your time. This is so pretty. I love how it is gathered at the chest, even the collar in the back has that feminine touch. I absolutely love it - nice job!

    ReplyDelete